With some exceptions, the Ombudsman can investigate complaints about:

Here you can find out what happens when we first receive your complaint, how we decide if we can investigate it and what to expect if we do.

If you feel that you have been unfairly treated by a local authority, you can ask the Local Government Ombudsman to investigate your complaint. What you can complain about. It also investigates complaints about registered adult social care providers. What the Ombudsman can Investigate The Ombudsman can investigate complaints about the administrative actions of government departments or authorities.
Who you can complain to us about. The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman, formerly the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) is a service that investigates complaints from the public about councils and some other bodies providing public services in England. The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) can investigate cases of injustice caused through maladministration in connection with actions or inactions by a local authority or provider of adult social care (including care that is privately funded without local authority involvement). ; We do not have the power to investigate actions and decisions of: To find out more about any of the steps in our process, follow the links below, download our simple guide How we look into complaints (PDF 195KB) or call us on 0345 015 4033.. You can also find our Service Charter here. Ombudsman SA can investigate ‘administrative acts’ of: State government departments (eg Planning, Transport, & Infrastructure; Education),; State government authorities (eg Housing SA; Public Trustee) and; Local councils. Complaining to the Ombudsman.

In Tasmania, this includes most bodies (known as ‘public authorities’) established by the State government, as well as local councils.

Public sector ombudsmen. If you think you have been treated unfairly by a Western Australian State Government agency, statutory authority, local government or public university (public authority), we may be able to help you. the Legal Ombudsman can help resolve legal service disputes; See a full list of ombudsman and ADR schemes approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute on their website. The Ombudsman looks at complaints about the acts and decisions of central and local government agencies and has wide powers to call them to account for their actions. Before making a complaint you should try to resolve it with the agency first. A few agencies are specifically excluded from its jurisdiction. The Local Government Ombudsman has a team of staff who will look into the complaint and decide whether maladministration has occurred. The Ombudsman can investigate complaints about: central government agencies eg Inland Revenue; local government agencies eg councils; Crown entities eg district health boards, NZTA; tertiary education institutions eg wānanga, universities